Tuscan villa vacation rental for 13 persons + fienile for 5 (+1) persons or 2 persons B&B.
Podere Felceto is a spacious, traditional, stone Tuscan villa originally built as a monastery in the 15th century and located 2.5 Km from Panzano. It boasts 57 acres of land with extensive woods and meadows to explore, a beautiful organic oil and wine farm and a frontage along the Pesa stream. This is a quiet and intimate location, providing an idyllic setting from which to enjoy the Chianti countryside. Our 6 x 12 m salt water swimming pool is available for the enjoyment of all of our guests. (If you would like exclusive use of the pool, please enquire.)
Podere Felceto is located in a natural valley in the heart of Chianti. From respect for nature, everything that the Del Mastio family grows is organic. These include the Extravirgin olive oil and wine that can be tasted and purchased at the house.
The country-style furniture and fittings are comfortable inside and outside, and offer many special spots where you can be on your own.
There is an ecological swimming pool (12 x 6 m.) with salt water, billiard room and ping-pong table to enjoy every moment of your holiday.
To welcome their guests, the owners offer a rich Breakfast Basket full of Italian delicacies for you relaxing Sunday morning awakening and a sample bottle of organic wine and extravirgin olive oil.
The owners' main goal is to offer to their guests everything necessary to make their holiday a pleasure. Podere Felceto provides the ambience to make your vacation in the Chianti comfortable and unforgettable.
Attention all food-lovers!
Podere Felceto has been a Certified Organic Farm since 1999.
At Podere Felceto we have our own vegetable garden, where we cultivate in small quantities the same vegetables that my grandmother used to grow in her garden. All the vegetables and herbs are organic and most mature during the summer. We have five types of tomatoes, including the Fiorentino, as well as peppers, aubergines, cucumbers, green beans, artichokes, zucchini, lettuce, radish, parsley, basil, sage, laurel, thyme, mint, etc. All of these are used in the kitchen. To add the real Tuscan taste to all of our food, we use our own organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. We pick the olives by hand and process them within 48 hours to get the best from our 1,200 olive trees.
Upon request, our chef, Jacopo, can offer our guests a choice from three traditional Tuscan menus. All the dishes are prepared at Felceto and served under the pergola where you can enjoy the fantastic sunset while dining.
Dining under the pergola at Podere Felceto
To those of you who wish to learn how to prepare traditional Tuscan or other Italian dishes, we offer a Tuscan Cooking Course.
You can also seize the opportunity to learn how to make a real pizza and bake them in our wood oven, with our friend Graziano who is a teacher at the Italian Pizza University. He uses a special 20-year-old yeast for the dough. The rest of the pizza is all made with fresh produce. His unusual speciality is sweet pizza.
Making the pizza
Baking the pizza
Podere Felceto cantina
Olive oil tasting and oil tasting dinners
One day per week in the cantina (cellar), we offer on olive oil tasting of our Organic Extravirgin olive oil. This can be accompanied by a light meal.
In the cantina (wine cellar), once a week, we provide an olive oil tasting with special “merenda” and buffet with panzanella, ribollita, crostini, fettunta and bruschetta, all prepared in the original Tuscan traditional way. All the ingredients that we don't produce ourselves are purchased from nearby farms that guarantee their quality and freshness. The latter include special ewe’s milk cheese, goat's milk cheese, salami and one-year-old Tuscan ham. Panzano is also famous for its butchers and wine, so don’t miss a memorable experience while you are here.
All these services must be reserved ahead of time. Just send us an email.
High Season reservations (Weekly, Saturday pm to Saturday am)
Low Season and "Last Minute" reservations
- The entire villa - 13 guests belonging to a single group.
The villa may be divided into two independent apartments: - Ground floor apartment: 5 guests - First floor apartment: 8 guest
- Cottage "Il Forno" B&B - 2 guests
- Cottage "Il Forno" B&B 2 guests
- The Fienile - 5 (+1) guests
- The Fienile - 5 (+1) guests
Please enquire for prices
Extra services available (payable at the house)
* Telephone ** Firewood *** "Dinner under the Stars" typical Tuscan home-cooked dinner with elegant service prepared at Felceto by our chef with a choice of three menus. **** Cooking lessons with a choice of two menus
- From a vine-covered pergola over a large furnished terrace, the entranceopens into a sitting room with open fireplace. - Huge farmhouse country kitchen/dining room complete with stove top, oven, fridge and dishwasher. - Separate laundry room. - Very special spacious living/dining room (44 mq) with a double divan bed. - One bedroom with two single beds and attached bathroom with shower. - One single bedroom with en suite bathroom with shower. - One large suite bedroom with double bed, open fireplace and private entrance. Bathroom with shower and bidet. Floor plan
Click the small images for a larger view
Ground floor living/dining room
Ground floor kitchen
Ground floor single room
Ground floor double suite
First floor of the villa:
- An indoor stone stairway open onto a reading and satellite TV room with a queen bed used as sofa, next a very large living room (50 mq) with open fireplace, a billiard table and access to a beautiful loggia with a breath-taking view of the olive groves reachable also by an external bricks stairway. - One suite with double bed with bathroom with bath, shower and bidet. - One double bedroom with en suite bathroom with shower. - Two bedrooms with two singles beds. - Two bathrooms: one with a bath and shower and one with a shower only. - Large kitchen complete with stove top, oven, fridge and dishwasher. Open only when the upper floor is rented separately (Low Season). Floor plan
- The entrance opens into a kitchen/living room with TV - The kitchen is complete with stove top, oven, fridge and dishwasher - One double bedroom with en suite bathroom with shower - One double or twin bedroom (double bed can be separate in two singles) with private exit onto the terrace and garden. Attached bathroom with shower. - One large single bedroom (the single may be converted into a double bed) - Washing machine - Private garden with gazebo
Fienile private gazebo
Fienile double room
Fienile twin room
Fienile single room
Fienile kitchen/living room
Cottage "Il Forno" B&B - 2 persons
Cottage "Il Forno"
Cottage "Il Forno"
Bed and Breakfast room
B&B for 2 persons
The Chianti vacation cottage "Il Forno" consists of a large double bedroom, with bathroom. It may be rented together with the main villa of Podere Felceto or separately.
Typical Tuscan home-cooked dinner with elegant service prepared at Felceto by our chef with a choice of three menus. Tuscan cooking lessons can also be arranged with our chef. Ask for further information and menus.
Dessert under the stars!
Roberto del Mastio and his family - your hosts
Location of Felceto in relation to Panzano and Greve in Chianti